ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blog Article from Chris Sligh to S8 Idols
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:51 pm 
Adam Bomb

http://frommymindtoyoureyes.blogspot.com/2009/09/to-idols-realistic-look-at-your-career.html

This is a blog article from Chris Sligh with his advice to the Season 8 contestants. I think he has some very interesting things to say.

Post subject: Re: Blog Article from Chris Sligh to S8 Idols
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:24 pm 
Adam Bomb

I read Chris's advice to contestants on American Idol and thought it was sound advice. What surprised me is, a lot of people on other sites were quite incensed by it. They thought Chris was arrogant and too big of an ego because of his placing of himself. I don't know..I still think it is excellent advice.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:55 pm 
Adam Bomb

I don't know how i missed this before, but this was a very interesting piece! Thanks for posting it Pea.

Glamorize

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:55 pm 
Adam Bomb

Cknott wrote:
I read Chris's advice to contestants on American Idol and thought it was sound advice. What surprised me is, a lot of people on other sites were quite incensed by it. They thought Chris was arrogant and too big of an ego because of his placing of himself. I don't know..I still think it is excellent advice.

I agree that it sounded like pretty sound advise to me too....but like you said not everyone agrees....Here is a link to an article that kind of slams on Chris a little for dissing on several idols too much in his blog entry and for making it sound to much like a rant....I also kind of agree with some of the points made in this critique of Chris's blog entry....although I think the criticism of Chris' blog entry is a bit excessive overall:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/09/23/chris ... ntestants/

I

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:41 am 
Adam Bomb

Ditto. Ms. P ~ Thanks for posting!

Cknott wrote:

I'm sure this is sound advice, and I hope that future contestants will check out what Chris has to say. He has, after all, been there. Let's face it, AI is a money-making juggernaut for its Powers-That-Be & can eat up and spit out the also-rans. I think Adam was wise to see it as an opportunity for him to be seen and a platform for his (rather overwhelming) abilities. My rating of his abilities, but hey, isn't it obvious?)

From what I remember of Chris on the show - talented, intelligent, and uh, yeah... maybe a little arrogant. Unfortunately (or otherwise), if you show anything like that rather than playing it cool, it's kinda the kiss of death. Glad he's working hard and making it all work out for himself now.