ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 09.07.10 DALLAS, TX - The Palladium Ballroom
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm 

This thread is for everything for the Dallas concert.

LizMarie

Post subject: Re: 09.07.10 DALLAS, TX - The Palladium Ballroom
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:15 am 

Adam Lambert Brings Glam to the Palladium Ballroom tonight

Dallas Voice, The Premier Media Source for LGBT Texas http://www.dallasvoice.com/adam-lambert-brings-glam-palladium-ballroom-tonight-1042623.html

We’ve decided that if any of us go on American Idol, we’re shooting for second place. That’s where the real stardom is. Especially for the gays. Clay Aiken started it, but Adam Lambert ran with the runner-up fame and turned into one surprising showman. Whether he’s this generation’s Freddie Mercury remains to be seen, but he’s going to have a blast trying.

And his Glamberts are a force to be reckoned with. You don’t ever want to say a bad thing about Lambert — ever. They will cut you.

DEETS: Palladium Ballroom, 1135 S. Lamar Road. Sept. 7 at 8 p.m. $39. Ticketmaster.com

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:22 pm 

twitterlist for tonight http://twitter.com/GlamFansUnite/palladium

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:44 am 

Adam out and about in Dallas

Adam Lambert Coming Out

http://www.gaypartyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/adam-lambert-dallas-bjs-bar.jpg

We all know about the Lady Gaga Monster Ball tour going on right now but something a little more on the edgier side right now is our boy Adam Lambert with his Glam Tour. Adam Lambert was spotted out and about at three bars in Dallas the last few days one of them the Roundup where Lady Gaga was seen and then on Trashy Tuesday with the stripper boys at BJ’s and the Tin Room. I will say that Adam Lambert looks much much hotter in person than he does on TV or maybe its the Fox Network that made him look kind of thick but wow he looks good now!! We love Adam and hope he gets played more in the clubs especially the ones in Dallas where you barely hear him. We hear him a lot in Orlando and LA but the other cities have lots of catching up to do!! Lets hear more Adam!!!

This pic is kind of crazy but it is him at BJs bar where the legendary Cruise Inn of Trashy Tuesdays used to be off Fitzhough. He looks like hes smoking a blunt but its more like a jello “shot”.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:45 am 

Concert vids via @libracats

http://www.youtube.com/user/Libracats#p/u

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:03 am 

We were there: Adam Lambert at the Palladium

http://fwix.com/dallas/share/bd0d18911e/we_were_there_adam_lambert_at_palladium_ballroom

It's about 9:20 Tuesday night at Palladium Ballroom. Adam Lambert, the star of the show, still hasn't taken the stage. The crew has finished changing the platform after opening act Allison Iraheta's set.

In a blink Lambert's face adorns the backdrop screen, a video image projected from the other end of the club. The crowd rushes forward, cell phones extended, to snap pictures of a picture.

The mere sight of Adam Lambert incites instant fan-demonium. His disciples are hardcore and multi-generational. The Palladium audience seemingly covered grade school to grandma, with most ranging from 20s to 40s. Many were dressed to honor the American Idol runner-up - a top hat here, a feathered boa there and a velvet trenchcoat over yonder.

Photo: Adam Lambert in all his flamboyant glory (Vernon Bryant/DMN).

And the eye make-up. Oh, the eye make-up. You couldn't miss Bronwyn Walls and Camille Dollins, both 17-year-old seniors at Ursuline Academy. They arrived at 4 p.m. sporting self-sticking bling around their lashes, glitter and winged eye make-up. They both wore smolder eyeliner from MAC Cosmetics, the same brand Lambert uses.

"He's a beautiful man," says Walls, whose favorite Lambert tune is "Voodoo." "He's the real deal. He's so humble, sweet, genuine and straightforward."

Dollins goes for his artistry. "I've always tried to follow music that is unique," she says. "His music is a reflection of his personality."

When Lambert popped onto the platform at 9:40 for a 75-minute set of 14 songs, he was shimmering. Literally. He could single-handedly keep the glitter body spray industry in business. That sparkle matched his stage persona. Lambert is a magnetic entertainer. His voice is pliable, soaring and robust. He didn't miss a note and embodied every word.

During "Fever" he worked it with male and female dancers and brought back thoughts of his infamous American Music Awards performance when he kissed his male bassist. The crowd roared its approval.

For Lambert it was part of the show. This is a performer who lives for the creative moment. His infectious merger of glam rock and pop-dance brims with musicality, not to mention more than a few nods to the late Freddie Mercury. In fact, "Soaked" could easily have been a Queen ballad. It was Lambert's greatest artistic statement. He sang it brilliantly, no histrionics, no props, just marvelous vocals and plenty of heart.

Toward the end we got the delicious bump-and-grind rhythms of "Strut," "Music Again" and "If I Had You." They were the audible equivalent of the swift high-kick Lambert let loose. Needless to say, the cellular cameras were flashing.

LizMarie