ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sleepwalker - New Single in Canada!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

Sleepwalker debuted this morning on Canada's ChumFM, one of Canada's biggest radio stations!!!

BeckPatrick: Recap: Sleepwalker on CHUM-FM was approx 3:48 compared to 4:26 on CD; guitar solo seemed shorter & song seemed a bit faster overall LOVELY!

Here's the link to listen to the radio debut of Sleepwalker:
http://www.ontheroofseekingproof.com/ka ... 232010.mp3

AND Sleepwalker is trending in Canada!!!!! Woo! Hoo!!

Post subject: Re: Sleepwalker - New Single in Canada!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:31 pm 

Adam Lambert Releasing Sleepwalker To Canadian Radio This Week

Canadian Rockstar Weekly
http://www.rockstarweekly.com/adam-lambert-releasing-sleepwalker-to-canadian-radio-this-week.html

Adam Lambert will be releasing his new single Sleepwalker to Canadian radio next week. Sony Music Canada made the announcement on Lambert’s official website earlier this week and the social channels have been buzzing ever since. The Ryan Tedder, Aimee Mayo and Chris Lindsey penned song will now get the royal treatment as radio stations across the country add the song. Toronto’s Chum FM has already jumped the gun and started playing the song on the weekend

“We’ve been thrilled by the amount of feedback we’ve received on the site and through Facebook and Twitter for a new radio single in Canada,” Sony posted. “With that being said, "Sleepwalker will be serviced to Canadian radio next Monday, October 25."

His debut album, For Your Entertainment has been on the Canadian Top 100 chart for 46 weeks and received a Platinum award for sales exceeding 80,000 copies. As of August, 2010 (the latest figures available to the public), Lambert has been awarded Platinum for the album, Double Platinum Digital Downloads (80,000 individual sales) for the single Whataya Want From Me, Platinum Digital Downloads (40,000 individual sales) for the single For Your Entertainment and he received the UR Fave International Video award at the MuchMusicVideo Awards in June. Lambert’s digital only release, If I Had You Remixed, has also performed well on the Canadian sales charts.

Approximately 75,000 fans set an attendance record when the Glamtasic took to the stage at the International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu in Montreal this summer.. Lambert has also performed sold-out shows in Richmond, Coquitlam and Toronto.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:59 pm 
Adam Bomb

from the first radio station to air SWalker..

http://www.chumfm.com/Contact/Blogs/Pos ... uthorId=19

Subscribe to Richie Favalaro’s Blog »
View all Personalities pages »
.Adam Lambert's Sleepwalker Debut on CHUM FM!
Published October 23, 2010 by Richie Favalaro

All I can say is.... WOW! Glamnation was representin' for Adam this morning when I debuted Sleepwalker on the ChumChart Top 30! It was like the world stopped spinning and everybody was listening! Thanks again for gettin CHUM FM trending on twitter and all your awesome tweets and feedback.

But, no one could truly call themselves an 'Adam Lambert Fan' and be happy only hearing it once.... So, wherever you are, tune in to CHUM FM again Sunday October 24th between 9 and 10pm to hear Sleepwalker again when we replay the countdown. I know how much you love it already, so tell ya what keep sending those tweets, emails and comments on our board at www.chumfm.com and you could be hearing it a lot more!

Richie Favalaro - for all the newcomers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:11 pm 

Possible cover art for Sleepwalker in Canada?

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 am 

Sleepwalker debut on Chum (hopefully a radio edit will be available today)

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:49 am 

IndyBeck/BeckPatrick did a great job making her own 3:59 edit of Sleepwalker.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5o88dtadd4j4tx8

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:42 am 
Site Admin

@citygirl36 had a M&G with Adam in Hawaii today. She spoke to him about Sleepwalker single.

Quote:
Shaking! Said what I wanted tho. Said so happy Canada gets SW. He said Sony never told him, was surprise to him. Like oh BTW.

He said Sony US was being difficult don't wanna release. Said maybe if Canada can get it popular may show them.

Said he really wants SW released in US. Said "US wants it" told him we hassled Sony Canada much they had 2 release it. He said "good!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 pm 

I must confess, I simply don't understand RCA/Sony "strategy" with regard to Adam and another single for the US at all!!

On Sunday 7th November 2010, @BeckPatrick said:

I call this "Why SLEEPWALKER is being scorned." The RCA/Sony efforts with Sleepwalker in Canada seem half-assed at best these past two weeks. For crying out loud, there is not even a radio cut for a song that is slightly too slow on CD and has too much instrumental and dead space (and I made one in under 10 minutes)!

My interpretation: Sony/RCA thinks Sleepwalker – straight from the FYE CD – and virtually unaided by promo efforts can be at least a Top 20 hit in Canada because that country’s radio stations have fully embraced Adam.

In the U.S., where our dipshit radio programmers are focused almost exclusively on people who cannot actually sing if their lives depended on it and the invasion of rap into everything, RCA/Sony would have to actually be present and active in promoting the song. And they want no part of that for several reasons. But heading the list: FYE the CD has done what they wanted from it, if not more, and they are moving on.

Factoring heavily into this I imagine is the unfortunate data posted months ago on Adam’s official web site (by the RCA team) that there were under 1 million copies of FYE the CD allotted for the U.S. market – in fact only 850K; Adam has sold 750K here to date. This sadly will likely also be born out in the no special/repackaged FYE CD sold exclusively to U.S. fans this holiday season. It’s insane and unforgivable for Adam not to the opportunity to go platinum with his debut CD any time in the near future.

What RCA Ed on Adam’s official web site said this week about Sleepwalker (“U.S. radio did not want the song”) was unnecessarily mean and merely trying to get fans to just shut up about Sleepwalker (no coincidence that that statement and entire thread soon were deleted by RCA Ed). Just think about that for a second. Whataya Want From Me reached #2 on the HAC chart and If I Had You reached #15 on the HAC chart; it seems that at the very least the HAC chart would embrace the HAC-leaning Sleepwalker. Also, the HAC chart loves Ryan Tedder songs, as does Top 40 to a certain degree with the majority getting to at least the Top 20.

I could go on and on. But simply Sony/RCA just does not want to release the Sleepwalker here. They don’t want to spend the time, money and effort on it for Top 40 – and appear to not want to even bother sending an e-mail to release it to HAC. End of story.

P.S. Going back to my SERENITY NOW, SERENITY NOW chant stolen from Mr. Costanza on Seinfeld.

LizMarie