ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Glam Nation Live" - Concert CD/DVD release on March 22
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:48 am 

New Glam Nation Live CD/DVD in stores 3/22!

Adam Lambert has announced the release of his first live CD/DVD, Glam Nation Live, available online and in stores March 22nd!

Shot in Indianapolis, Indiana at Clowes Hall on August 31st, 2010, Glam Nation Live features 12 tracks plus a bonus cut and includes some of Lambert’s most beloved performances. Visit Adam's Music Store for a complete track list.

Starting today, you can pre-order Glam Nation Live at Adam's Music Store along with the exclusive Glam Nation Tour Pack, which features the CD/DVD plus and oversized tour map with all 111 Glam Nation tour dates and an exclusive t-shirt!

Link to pre order through Adam Official: http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/adam-la ... ce=lambert

Track List:

1. Voodoo
2. Down The Rabbit Hole
3. Ring Of Fire
4. Fever
5. Sleepwalker
6. Whataya Want From Me
7. Soaked
8. Aftermath
9. Sure Fire Winners
10. Strut
11. Music Again
12. If I Had You
ENCORE
13. 20th Century Boy

LizMarie

Post subject: Re: "Glam Nation Live" - Concert CD/DVD release on March 22
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 am 

"E" Pimps the Glam Nation Live dvd

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:32 pm 

DVD Previews now up!!

Link here http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamLambertVEVO

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:24 am 

blog post from Drew Russ who shot the Indy show for the DVD http://drewruss.com/blog/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:28 pm 

GNT CD/DVD VEVO TV AD for ADAM LAMBERT

http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae34 ... AMBERT.mp4

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:58 pm 

The 3rd preview song from the Glam Nation Live dvd is Sleepwalker

http://music.aol.com/video/adam-lambert ... am:8334038

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 pm 

Our boy has the big banner on Pop iTunes!!

adamlambert My GLAM NATION Live Tour DVD/Album is now available for pre-order on iTunes!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/gla ... d422104596

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:01 pm 

Preview of Strut

http://myplay.me/4m6

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:44 pm 

Glam Nation Live Review

Entertainment Weekly http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20474114,00.html

If there's any newish pop act worthy of a live release, it's American Idol runner-up Lambert, whose vocal acrobatics make this a terrific complement to his 2009 solo debut. Because he incubated before us in a perform-or-die setting, Lambert's ability to work a crowd is audible. Everything from his hit ''Whataya Want From Me'' to his take on ''Ring of Fire'' sizzles more than the too-too-perfect studio versions. Bonus: Glam Nation Live includes an expertly produced DVD of the concert. A–

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

Apparently Rolling Stone is very tough on it's reviews

Rolling Stone Magazine has a short review of the Glamnation DVD. They gave it 3 out of 5 stars. The review is on page 68. Did not see a mention of this in the thread but someone could have posted a link earlier. Anyway, here are some excerpts:

Moving at a frantic pace that befits its subject, this 67 minute CD-DVD set captures Lambert on his first solo tour, showing off his sometimes uneasy, often triumphant hybrid of glam rock, Broadway, and dance pop.......
Barefoot and overdressed, this Mad Hatter changes costumes often while guitarist Monte Pitman shreds........
He often comes across like an actor playing a rocker rather than the real thing, but Lambert's charisma and considerable chops compensate for his lingering staginess.

First mention of Adam in Rolling Stone for over a year, I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 pm 

Well, I would hardly consider RS any type of oracle...Snookie has now graced their cover and they have given Britney a 4 for her p.0.s. cd.

Adam's voice is wonderous on the GNT Live cd. If you haven't already gotten your cd, listen here to a steam of it: http://ak.adamofficial.com/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:25 pm 
Adam Bomb

For those of you (like me) who cannot wait til the GNT dvds arrive, here's a super fun Behind the Scenes clip. I cannot stop smiling. :hearts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:59 am 

OK, here is 100 % of the RS review (via @revid99):

Adam Lambert ***
Glam Nation Live 19 Recordings/RCA

Moving at a frantic pace that befits its subject, this 67 minute CD-DVD set captures Lambert on his first solo tour, showing off his sometimes uneasy, often triumphant hybrid of glam rock, Broadway, and dance pop. At first there are so many pre-recorded backgrounds that his singing seems barely live. Barefoot and overdressed, this Mad Hatter changes costumes often while guitarist Monte Pitman shreds. But after racing through RoF and WWFM, Lambert finds his groove, showing off his theatrical training on heavily choreographed numbers like "Strut." He often comes across like an actor playing a rocker rather than the real thing, but Lambert's charisma and considerable chops compensate for his lingering staginess.
Barry Walters.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:00 am 

While you are waiting for your GNT Live to arrive, relive the joy of "Music Again" with the vid preview on AO http://ak.adamofficial.com/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:52 am 

NZ TV ad for GNL!!

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:52 pm 

Adam Lambert – Glam Nation Live

Review by Neon Limelight

http://neonlimelight.com/2011/03/22/neo ... imelight//)&utm_content=Twitter

In a world where the glitziest of pop stars are typically the most vocally challenged, especially when it comes to reproducing the slick studio vocals in front of a live audience (distraction, maybe?), it’s good to know Adam Lambert exists to bust the stereotype.

The glitter-loving glam-rocker, who many came to know and love during the eighth season of American Idol, matches his over-the-top tinsel with his extraordinary talent on his latest release, Glam Nation Live.

The 13-track CD captures the audio from Lambert’s Glam Nation tour stop in Indianapolis, Indiana last summer, where he dazzled the crowd with his sexy moves, stellar voice, and ass-kicking live band on songs from his debut album, For Your Entertainment, like the hypnotic “Fever,” the funky “Music Again,” and the super sassy “Strut.”

His Grammy-nominated pop power-ballad “Whataya Want From Me” is another undeniably bright spot on the set, and apparently it was for the crowd who witnessed it live as their screams of delight are heard throughout.

But it’s his piano-drenched performance of “Soaked” that solidifies Adam’s place as one of today’s best vocal talents. The way he caresses the verses ever-so-tenderly before belting into his upper register then into a falsetto so effortlessly is nothing short of phenomenal. It proves style and substance aren’t always battling brothers. They clearly live together harmoniously in Adam Lambert.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:59 pm 

@adamlambert My live concert album and footage is now available on itunes!! #GlamNationLive

GlamNationLive world wide trended! http://twitpic.com/4c631o

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

This has been such a fun day trending GlamNationLive!! Listening to the cd all day didn't hurt either. I love that I hear new things every time I listen. I'm so happy for Adam and I hope lots of people who never got to see the tour buy the DVD. The sound is just incredible.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 pm 

Adam Lambert Glam Nation Live Mention on E!News 3-22-11

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:21 am 

Glam Nation Live [CD/DVD]

http://www.hour.ca/music/spin.aspx?iIDDisque=6689

The runner-up of season eight of American Idol has charted a bona fide career that most Idol winners would die for. Following the chart success of his massive 2010 single Whataya Want From Me, Lambert embarked on a six-month tour captured here. Most remarkable remains Lambert's pretty impressive vocals and range. The DVD includes an "Until Next Time" segment with footage shot at various public appearances during the tour. And both the DVD and CD close with a rendition of the glam-rock classic 20th Century Boy that even Marc Bolan would be proud of.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:03 pm 

"Adam personifies the best of the music business. Talent, creativity, drive, humanity and above all - a connection with his fans that makes them FEEL the entire production of what he is offering - from the visual live stage spectacular to acoustic recordings… all have that old school "real" vibe about them - whilst maintaining a commercial sensibility that thousands of "chart" acts STRIVE to achieve and fail at. Adam is a natural."

by Pop Republic music reviewer, Rob Manser

http://poprepublic.tv/reviews/music/770 ... live-cddvd

LizMarie